Friday, September 2, 2011

MTC Aug 30, 2011

Family,
Greetings from the MTC! Thank you for the great emails and updates on the family! What a crazy week - as always. My brain is completely mushy by the end of the day, not sure how else to explain it. According to my genius companion, our brains are more intelligent then the smartest computer? Like information storing - not sure how true it is, but it makes me happy! Speaking of which my "khvv's (companions) are awesome! We're all so different but work pretty well together. They all try really hard and bring in credible insight. They really push me in Thai and have great patience with me - so grateful for that. My favorite roommates left today which was really sad... They truly were supposed to live with me! We already have plans on meeting up w/ after the missions. They think I'm hilarious and appreciate my jokes. It rocks! And they bought me WHEAT THINS as parting gifts! I'm excited for my new roommates, girls are so nice here! Zero drama and cattyness.
Mom you should be happy to know they have a gluten free section at the cafeteria. I have a bowl of cereal with every meal. I love the ice cream on Wednesday and Sunday and the chocolate milk. Why am I writhing this? No Idea.

Random awesome things from this week:
1.    No one wants us to do better than Heavenly Father. H is our #1 fan. He wants us to succeed on this mission - this is his work.
2.    We must make every effort on our part (study, obedience etc...) for the Lord to give us knowledge. I have a testimony of this!
3.    See the way the Lord wants me to be, not others.
4.    True doctrine understood changes attitudes & behavior! This is Mom's quote on her face book!  Understanding is linked to the heart. Mosiah 12:27
5.    Holy Ghost is the best teacher - the ONLY teacher.
6.    Our life is similar to echo’s --- our lives will give back everything we give it. The Lord will give us back everything we put in it and what we live for.
7.    Ask for blessing in prayer! God is waiting for us to ask!
8.    "NEVER let your faith be difficult to detect".
9.    When teaching, don't dazzle then with your brilliance, dazzle with the gospel.
10.  Everything we do it predicated in love.
11.  This gospel makes life fulfilling, not just bearable!
12.  If we have faith in ourselves, it gets us NO WHERE!
13.  Choose to be a missionary, not just someone on a mission.

Hope you enjoy those random quotes. Everywhere I go I feel like I'm writing tons of notes. I don't want to miss a thing!
Thank you so much for all the support and prayers. :-)  I love this work. Even teaching actors, roles plays, bring the spirit. I'm so grateful we are taught to bear our testimonies first. Even if I say something crazy in a lesson and get laughs, bearing testimony always brings the spirit. Teaching by myself is crazy hard, but I know I'll learn the most this way.
The Lord is pushing me, but this is making me rely on him even more.

I love you! Choog dii!
Sister Knutson

PS later this night - Elder Holldan just spoke. More next week. I STILL have the chills. AMAZING life changing!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ms. Knutson! Just wanted to let you know that johnny and I are so proud of your decision to serve and will be following your mission blog and praying for you! Best,

    eirian johnson :)

    ReplyDelete

I will not be looking at this blog while in Thailand, but feel to leave a comment!