Sunday, September 18, 2011

MTC Sep 13, 2011

Family  
                                                                                                                
READ JACOB 4! FAVORITE CHAPTER OF THE WEEK!

Greetings from the MTC! How is everyone? Life is great here. Really it truly is. My last email was somewhat emotional, but please know that I’m wonderful & loving my time here. One month from yesterday Scotty comes!!  You don’t even know how excited I am. Scott you are going to love it here! It is totally your element. I can’t wait for you to talk to my companions in Spanish (he already knows everything about you HA!). :-)

So for the past week we haven’t been able to get Dear Elders because they are changing the mailboxes. So if you had a question, sorry won’t be able to answer! 
Dad – you asked about P-days.  Tuesdays: Get up early to go to the temple, come back & study for 1 hour, print my emails & write emails back, lunch, laundry, letters, devotional, bed. It’s crazy how fast it goes. We call it P-Hours, not P-Day HA!

Mom – Know that I’m thinking about you often & how you would love all these classes about church doctrine so you could apply it to your class!

Thai is coming slowly but surely! It’s been a rough week language wise, and I’m trying my hardest to think of the people of Thailand. It’s easy to think I’m not learning much or not getting anywhere…. But I’ve come so far! Everything is still in Thai, but I basically know what’s going on the majority of the time. My teachers are all RM’s from Thailand & know what’s up. One is native of Thailand & I LOVE her. She’s way hard but amazing. Probably the nicest, cutest lady I know & if all the people of Thailand are like that I will be so happy. Yep. I will die of happiness! She gives us “culture Moments” & it tells us great things about Thailand & gets us all pumped up again. Sitting in the same class room for 10 hours a day makes us all a little crazy at times.  I feel bad for my Elders at times because I get in those crazy moods where I literally can’t stop talking, Thai or English.  

New roommates leave next week.  They’re all from Utah & pretty cool. Its amazing how different all the people are at this place but everyone gets along. Sure most companionships have had times, but people generally love each other here. We all have this missionary connection  and look out for one another. Since I’m a Solo Sister I get to meet so many new people every day. It’s really amazing to learn of the stories & reasons way the missionaries got here. I can literally see boys grow into men on a daily basis. And sisters figure out their potential. We’re told that someday there will be the same amount of sisters and elders out on missions. Can you imagine??!!

I think everyone should go on missions just to learn the basics & simple truths of the gospel. Teaching people what really matters. Oh.. wait.., we can do that EVERYDAY!  Its really incredible how much the Lord’s hand is in our lives. He loves us so much, he wants us to succeed.

Thank you for your support & love. I really would love to hear your testimonies! :-)    They really do encourage & lift me!  

I love you all!
Sister Knutson 

1 comment:

  1. Keep strong in what you know is right litte lady, I would have loved the opportunity to have served a mission (had I not gotten married at 19!) and am having a blast living through your notes. You will be so blessed for making this decision, and Johnny and I are supporting you through prayer every step of the way even though you may not remember us ;) Sending lots of love your way from Austin, Texas...

    -Eirian and Johnny Johnson

    ReplyDelete

I will not be looking at this blog while in Thailand, but feel to leave a comment!